Committed to ResultsEach environmental drilling project has unique challenges. You can count on your Gregory Drilling crew to work closely with your team to ensure that you get the results you need promptly, efficiently, and safely, no matter how challenging the requirements or conditions.
Environmental Drilling HighlightsSuccessfully completing challenging drilling projects requires experienced drilling professionals with knowledge and extensive drilling experience, a fleet of the right equipment, and the processes and training to get the job done safely. These are a few recent drilling highlights.
- Successfully drilled to a depth of 2,300 feet while maintaining the boring within 0.5 degrees of vertical.
- Installed thousands of instruments and hundreds of closed loop geothermal systems.
- Successfully drilled to depths over 2,300 feet.
- Completed one of the deepest geotechnical borings anywhere.
- Drilled to 570 feet with five foot sampling.
Environmental Drilling CapabilitiesOur crews can provide all types of sampling, monitoring, installation, and other requirements for your environmental drilling projects.
- Soil sampling, grab-groundwater sampling, and monitoring well installations can be completed using our full array of hollow stem auger truck mounted drilling rig, rubber track drilling rig, limited access drilling rigs, and low clearance drilling equipment.
- Soil sampling using Dames & Moore, SPT, Shelby tubes, and probe (continuous or discrete).
- Grab groundwater sampling using bailer or low flow peristaltic pump and dedicated tubing from temporary wells.
- Monitoring well installation: 2 inch, 4 inch, and up to 10 inch wells.
- Full containment of decon water using our trailer-mounted decontamination system (including steam cleaner and pressure washer).
- Experienced drill crews including a “third man” for most environmental projects. The extra hand boosts drilling project efficiency by speeding up sampling, opening samplers, decontaminating sampling equipment and other tooling, setting up pump and tubing for grab groundwater sampling, and assisting with well completions. The rig keeps drilling which minimizes overall costs.
Drilling in Challenging LocationsMany environmental drilling projects involve access constraints. You can rest assured that your drilling project, no matter what access constraints it may involve, will be completed safely, within regulations, and on schedule. Our drilling crews have extensive experience and training, arrive with all the proper equipment in excellent working order, and run your project effectively.
- Barge-based drilling
- Over-edge drilling using a custom-built platform
- Inside buildings (with exhaust ducting)
- Drilling in tight quarters
- Drilling in low clearance sites
Extensive Fleet of Robust Drilling EquipmentIn additional to our fleet of drill rigs and support equipment, we have drill rigs and equipment specially designed for the unique requirements of environmental drilling. The right equipment in the hands of our experienced drilling crews means your projects finish promptly and provide the results you need.
- CME 85 High Torque Hollow Stem Auger Rig
- CME 75 High Torque Hollow Stem Auger Rig
- CME 55LCX High Torque, Low Clearance Hollow Stem Auger Rig features a new rubber track design from CME, the first drilling rig of its kind in the United States. This rig has the power and torque of a CME 75 with a working height of just 12 feet!
- Custom-Built 2015 Limited Access Drill Rig on Rubber Tracks for hollow stem auger works in tight spots. At just 37 inches wide and with a working height of just 12 feet 9 inches, this compact work horse can get just about anywhere – indoors and out. With a boom truck, we lift this little beast up and over just about any obstacle then maneuver it into place to drill.
- MC5 Single Rod Sampling System provides:
- Fast and efficient continuous soil sampling using 2.25 inch diameter probe rod
- Fast and efficient true discrete interval sampling using 1.25 inch inner rods
- 1.35 or 1.5 inch diameter core samples up to 5 feet in length
- Macro-Core® liner materials include stainless steel, PVC, and Teflon®
- SP22 Screen Point Groundwater Sampler from GeoProbe Systems® (in conjunction with our peristaltic pump and tubing) makes collecting groundwater samples fast and easy.
All drilling crew members complete API WorkSafe training
“I enjoyed planning the project with someone who has a consulting background, the safety awareness was clearly evident, and the driller and crew worked so well together. They must have been together for some time!”
– Kim L. (environmental drilling client)