Limited Access Drilling
Rigs for Your Challenging Locations
Challenging locations are no longer a challenge! No matter where drilling needs to happen for your environmental or geotechnical project, we’ve got a compact, powerful, nimble rig and expert operators to get your job done right and on-time.
These drill rigs can be set almost anywhere you need data:
- crane lifted into tank farms
- indoors (exhaust ducting provided)
- on barges for over water projects
- sidewalks and medians
- a residential backyard or bluff
- maneuvered into any tight quarters or low overhead situation
CME 55LCX – Your Powerful, Low-Clearance Drill Rig
The only drill rig of its kind, the CME 55LCX rubber-track drill rig has the torque and power of a CME 75 with a working height of just 12 feet. This is the only rig in existence of this size, with this power. Capable of both mud rotary and hollow stem auger drilling, the 55LCX features a 140 pound auto-hammer for extremely consistent and accurate Standard Penetration Test results, meeting all ASTM-D-1586 requirements; perfect for geotechnical and environmental projects.
This low clearance, compact, track-mounted rig will drill where truck-mounted rigs won’t fit: under canopies and low bridges, below low-hanging power lines, on bluffs and in rough terrain.
- Easy to transport! Travel dimensions: 7 ft. 5 in. W x 9 ft. H x 15 ft. L
- Working height: 12 ft.
- Rubber track mounted for damage-free driving on concrete and other surfaces
- Small footprint and ability to turn in place to easily reach tight spots
- High torque configuration with the same power as a CME 75
- Easily drills through anything to 140 ft. and deeper
- Weight: 17,000 pounds; can be hoisted by crane
- 110 hp Cummins turbo diesel U.S. EPA tier 3 certified emissions
- Designed to climb a 50% grade to tackle even the roughest terrain
Contact us today at 425-869-2372 to talk with a professional drilling expert about your environmental and geotechnical drilling requirements.